Home medical equipment is a fundamental part of patient care. As an in-home medical equipment company, our role is to provide individuals with the tools they need to stay safe and healthy in their homes.
We do this in a number of ways:
- Provide the needed equipment
- Educate people on its proper use
- Deliver and install (if needed) the equipment
- Bill your insurance company
We also collaborate with a variety of health care entities in the community such as hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living communities, insurance payers, physician medical offices, and home health agencies to educate them on our equipment on how it can serve their clients. We also work directly with the families and caregivers of our patients to ensure they understand the full extent or our services. At Fort Medical Equipment, it is our job to provide the tools that clients need to maintain a high quality of life and stay independent in the home.
Fort Medical Equipment pledges to respect the needs of our customers by providing the highest quality health care products and services while delivering the best customer service.
Code of Ethics
- To promote actions that build trust with our customers and the communities we serve.
- To provide prompt, reliable, and effective home care products and services appropriate for each individual’s needs, health and safety.
- To serve each individual with respect and dignity.
- To instruct each individual and/or caregiver in appropriate operation of the equipment and services provided, to ensure the best possible outcome for our customers.
- To explain fully and accurately to each individual and/or caregiver their rights and responsibilities with regard to home care products and services.
- To protect the confidential nature of each individual’s health care records and to not disclose information in the record except as permitted by law or regulation.
- To employ staff that has been thoroughly screened and who will continue to improve their knowledge and skills in the provision of home care products and services.
- To comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- To respect and support patient freedom of choice.
- To act in good faith; to be honest, truthful and fair to all concerned; to follow good business practices, and to represent available services and products accurately.